Sunday, February 20, 2011

Road kill stories


I was reading through my old blog and ran across this entry form 2007.  It made me laugh so I had to repost.
Sept 6 2007So funny story 

About a week ago I'm driving home the back way.Its a windy little two lane road through farm country and forest. I had just gotten of work  so dusk was just beginning to close in, and the sky was going to that pinkish orange color of a fairly nice, but not quite spectacular sunset. As I come around a 45% bend in the road I notice what I though was a small bag of trash, a discarded McD's lunch perhaps. So, I aim my car to straddle it, as aiming to miss would put me either squarely in oncoming traffic or mostly in the ditch. All would have gone as planned, road debris missed and another uneventful drive home completed except for one small detail.
What I had originally believed to merely be discarded junk, in fact, turned out to be a very alive pigeon bedding down on a warm yet unfortunate piece of pavement. As one might imagine, my rapidly approaching car startled said sleepy bird. Whereupon said bird decided to fly--just as I drove over it.
**********CURTHUNK!!!***********
Ick factor aside, the story might have ended here with the few trailing feathers still attached to my front grille. However, tonight as we were leaving dinner at my Mother's I pointed out the feathers clinging tenaciously onto my car to the Hubbs. Who then bent down to inspect the area and made a rather unpleasant discovery. 
The pigeon is still IN MY CAR!!!!! It failed to bounce off the undercarriage and lodged in front of the radiator where it remains.
So, for now, this is where the story closes'. I've been driving around town for a week with a dead body in my car. lol (^_^) 
YUCKY!!!!!!!!

It is sooooo the boy's job to knock that sucker out of there.

Update: I do still have this car and I am happy to report the pigeon is no longer a stow-away.

No comments:

Post a Comment